Monday, October 28, 2013

Meeting Judy Blume!

This summer I had the amazing opportunity to meet the one and only Judy Blume! This truly was a childhood dream come true!  I have been a huge fan of hers since I was a little girl.  I read every book and still have my old copies.  When I was 14 years old, I even wrote a note to "my future children" explaining how wonderful I thought Judy's books were.  (There's a link to this note on the Bio page of my website.) I stuck the note inside my boxed set and promised to save them for my own kids, in case these books weren't around any longer.  I really treasured them, and still do!  Luckily Judy's books are still adored by children of all ages.  Judy was kind enough to sign my old boxed set and she even pulled out the books and we laughed over how the covers have changed. Many thanks to my mom for arranging this amazing experience!  It was even more fun because I was able to do it with her.  A day that still makes me smile! 




No comments:

Post a Comment