Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hooray for NaPiBoWriWee!

Last day of NaPiBoWriWee and I am done with seven new picture book manuscripts!  This was a super busy week so I thought it was a little crazy to take on the challenge but...I'm so glad I did.  Something different happens to you when you are writing under a deadline like this.  You don't have time to listen to your inner critic, just need to get it down on paper.  And then, magic happens...

Last night I was so tired and thought I'd just sit down and at least outline my idea.  Then, not sure what happened, but the manuscript took a completely different turn and it's so fun.  I love it when that happens.  Looking forward to spending more time on it.  

My next idea came to me in the middle of the night.  It's a young PB but came to me pretty much fleshed out.  So I forced myself to wake up, pull out a notebook and get it all down.  We'll see if I can read that "middle of the night chicken scratch".  It's a cute idea.
Congrats to everyone who participated!  Thanks so much to Paula Yoo for putting this together, and to our little FB support group.  Wow, that was so terrific to read everyone's posts and words of encouragement each day.  Made it so much more fun.  Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Cathy! Now you can take your well-earned day off tomorrow. ;0)

    ReplyDelete