Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24 - Packing...

I've been busy doing critiques and reading TONS of picture books in preparation for the Picture Book Boot Camp that starts tomorrow.  I read a huge stack by Lisa Wheeler and can I just say, she is brilliant.  There are so many of hers that I had to read over again to analyze how she does it.  I just can't wait to learn more from her this weekend.  Should be amazing.  I met her almost 10 years ago at a conference in Detroit and she was hilarious and so talented. 

I also got my manuscript done for the day.  A silly idea that ended up combining two old ideas.  I'll have to find my old notes on those to compare.  I really hope that I still like these ideas next month.  After reading all of Lisa's books, well... can't wait for her wisdom. 

Probably won't blog the next few days while I'm out of town but will catch up when I return. Off to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment